Monday 28 October 2013

Perth Fair City Enduro 2013

Enduro, this was something completely new for me, something I’d never done before but I’d heard lots of people say how good it was. From what little I knew, it sounded like fun so I was keen to give it a go. Paul Newnham had suggested we do it as a training day for the girls on the Scottish Junior and Senior development programmes. This meant I was riding around with Erika, Eve, Katie and two of the older girls which made it more fun and a lot less scary. Being used to the very serious scene of cross country racing, I was surprised at how laid back the whole thing was.

The first stage went shockingly bad as it was a short uphill sprint: I wasn’t used to dragging my heavy bike up steep hills and my legs were pretty sore from a hard week’s training.

But from then on it was awesome as the rest of the stages were downhill and the last one was skills. The downhills were muddy and rooty and quite steep in some places and we were riding them blind which made them even more tricky. But they were so fun and fast and in the end I was the fastest female on all 3 of the downhill stages which made it even better. I also won the overall best under 18 female and got loads of cool prizes. Hopefully I’ll be doing more enduros!




No comments:

Post a Comment