Wednesday 26 March 2014

Scottish Enduro Round 1- Fortwilliam

As I set off up the hill in the cold wind and pouring rain I knew this was going to be a hard day. My legs were hurting before I'd even started stage 1 as I'd already done a full days practising the day before and the hill to the top was pretty long and steep. Stage 1 was down the worlds champs xc course all the way from the top; there was a lot of pedalling and my legs were hurting a lot but i think it went quite well. Then it was all the way back up for stage 2 which was down a steep, rocky, rooty, extremely muddy natural trail. It was impossible to keep momentum as the mud was so thick: I think I spent more time off the bike- on the ground, sliding down the hill, or trying to run because it was impossible to cycle- than actually on my bike. I was dead at the end of stage 2 as it was such hard work in the mud. Stage 3 wasn't much better, but at least there was a river at the end so I managed to remove some of the mud from my bike. It was a really long way from stage 3 back to the car park and then up the hill to stage 4, but stage 4 was nice and short and relatively less muddy than 2 and 3 so I quite enjoyed it. Although I was super tired by stage 4 and it turned out that actually it was my worst stage. I was really pleased to have won junior girls in the end, even though there was only two of us in the category, because the other girl is a really good rider. 



No comments:

Post a Comment