Monday 30 June 2014

Scottish Enduro Round 3- Laggan

I was really looking forward to the Laggan Enduro- racing on trails I knew and in the dry! And after an awesome practice day getting some coaching from Emma Guy and Tracy Brunger, I was feeling quite good for the race. 

However I hadn't really anticipated just how hard stage 1 was going to be. Being down the black climb, up onto the old red, and then down a natural section to the bottom it was incredibly pedally, and full of lots of uphill sprints and rocky sections. I could feel I was quite slow on this stage as my legs were feeling quite tired and didn't have much energy to sprint. 

The next stage was funner- but still quite punishing- as it was down the black and then a natural cut through at the end. The black was flowing quite nicely, but then a silly line mistake and an over the handle bars lost me a bit of time. I really liked the natural section at the end though. 

Although the first two stages were really good, I much preferred the two stages over the other side on the newer, more flowy trails through the trees that were actually quite dusty for once. Even with missing the dibber at the end of stage 4 and having to run back to get it, these and the last stage down the orange with jumps and loose berms were the stages I did best in against the women- coming 3rd overall woman behind Tracy and Emma.

As I was the only Junior girl there I won that category, but I did place better against the women than I had at the previous rounds which I was quite happy about. 

Here's some video from some of the stages:



No comments:

Post a Comment